In a year like no other, we look at how the 2021 Legislative Session will affect Oregon’s hospitality industry. Our guest and Contract Lobbyist, Bill Perry of Balance Point Strategies delves into the changes to the legislative format during the pandemic and how that has altered the exchange of information. We also talk about what hospitality-related bills came up, died, and what is still in play. Discover the latest with TLT, lottery, mobile gaming, scheduling, and making cocktails to-go permanent. We will also touch on the pitfalls of a possible Alcohol Task Force, intellectual property protections for restaurants from third-party delivery services who publish menus without consent, and how recycling and environmental protections are creating winners and losers.
- Bill Perry, Balance Point Strategies
- Klamath Falls and John Day weigh Transient Lodging Tax increases
- OLCC Commission votes to increase prices on some of the lowest priced alcohol
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund sample application and guidance now available
- Where can I find additional Covid-times training for my staff? (For the answer, see "Providing Service While Supporting Safety" training)